Is This Program For You?
In addiction and substance abuse, what starts off as either a 'controlled' rush or a moderate coping mechanism ends up a destroyer of means and relationships, a thing that is no respecter of class, occupation, intellect, morality, emotions and quality of will. To all purposes, one ends up having nothing and being even less. In such desolation, two things do remain: A wish to change, and our inward ability to choose. From such ruins, or even less, health, hope and restoration rise once again under the conditions created and maintained in the ministry. It is our mission to cultivate, cherish, strengthen and counsel this process.
As we say: "Change comes from within".
Are You Ready For Change ?
The focal objective of the council is, firstly, to provide substance abusers with education and assistance in overcoming the predicament that they find themselves in. Secondly, the DECM undertakes to play an informative role in assisting families, corporations and the community at large of the impending factors surrounding drug addiction. Thirdly, the DECM has, as a necessity, identified the need to play an auxiliary role in the reintegration of recovered addicts back into their respective communities. Based on this third objective the following Christian Life-
In determining the ideal place to conduct the program, due consideration was given to the accessibility of drugs within the community. As one can well imagine, finding a town in our country which is drug-
The Christian Life-
The Drug Educational Council Ministries is a registered facility which follows conditions set out under section 11(2) of the Prevention and Treatment of Drug Dependency Act 1992 (Act No. 20 of 1992).
The Department of Social Development's requirements are of the highest standard.
To ensure that such standards are met the facilty of your choice must be registered.
The Drug Educational Council meets the high standard that the Department requires.
They are as follows :
1) Promoting and maintaining high standards of professional ethics.
2) Providing service impartially, fairly, equitably and without bias.
3) Utilizing resources effciently and effectively.
4) Responding to peoples' needs; the citizens are encouraged to participate in policy making.
5) Rendering an accountable, transparent and development-
6) Compliant to Department of Health regulations and requirements.
7) Constant inspection by the Department of Social Services to ensure standards are met.
8) To ensure a program that is researched and applied.
9) To ensure that the individual has his/her rights respected according to the Constitution of South Africa.